Hi Aaron,

Your suggestion of removing device detection sounds reasonable as there
is no big difference between not having device detection and not and
switching between the two is probably not done much.

We will still need device detection though for the audio recording that
we want to implement.

I would suggest to always have TinyMCE available though on mobile
devices and use device detection only for the export tab then and
audio/video recordings.

Cheers
Kristina

  Do we still need device detection?

Status in Mahara:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Mahara 15.10 introduced Bootstrap. All themes are now responsive. When
  I tested the "Deactivate device detection" functionality, I couldn't
  see much of a difference when using the site. I did notice the content
  chooser was displayed the start of the words instead of only showing
  the icon on the "Edit page" screen.

  I wonder if we can remove the custom device detection. You can enable
  the user turning off device detection in Admin -> Config site -> User
  settings -> Users can disable device detection. That then happens on
  the account settings page.