We changed our tag search in Mahara 16.04 to use the select2 library (as
we already do for sending messages to people) which makes it easier for
entering tags with spaces.

  Adding multiple tags with spaces is confusing

Status in Mahara:
  Expired

Bug description:
  The default for entering multiple tags is to use a space.  This causes
  a problem if the tag should contain a space.  I have two tags "George
  Washington" and "US President".  I tried the following methods:

  * "George Washington", "US President" --> Mahara thought that the quotes were
part of the tag.  Mahara should remove the quotes.
  * George Washington, US President --> This method work, or at least it seems
to work.

  But the problem is that the documentation says that tags are supposed
  to be separated by a space.  Comma also seems to work as a separator.
  But when a space is part of a tag, it gets confusing.  Usually when an
  item is in quotes, a program like Google Search takes everything
  within the quotes, but strips out the quotes.  Mahara does not seem to
  be doing that.

  I have also seen problems with trying to search my multiple tags not
  work properly.  I don't know if this has to do with the fact that the
  original tags were added by using a comma as  a separator instead of a
  space separator.

  Mahara Version: 15.04
  OS: Windows
  Database: Mysql