Hi Ghada,

I haven't been able to replicate this issue locally using a clean
install of 16.04.1. I did essentially what you described above:

1. Update my config.php with "cfg->session_timeout=10;" so that sessions will
time out in 10 seconds, to make testing easier.
2. Clean install of Mahara
3. Log in to Mahara as an admin
4. Go to "Administration -> Users" (admin/users/search.php)
5. Wait for 15 seconds for the session to time out
6. Click the "Administration -> Users" search tab again
7. I get logged out due to my expired session, and I see the transient login
form.
8. I log in at this form.
9. I again see the "Administration -> Users" screen
10. I click on "Administration -> Configure Site"
11. I click on "Administration -> Users" and "Administration -> Groups"

Expected error result: I expected that clicking on "Administration ->
Users" or "Administration -> Groups" would take me back to the transient
login screen again

Actual result: No matter which link I clicked on, I saw the correct
screen. (So long as I was not waiting longer than my 10-second timeout
to do the click.)

I also tried running the "auth_remove_old_session_files" Mahara cron
task in between steps #10 and #11 above, to see if that was a necessary
step for the error, but that didn't result in replicating the error
either.

** Changed in: mahara

  Sessions: constantly asked to log in to access the Users Admin screen

Status in Mahara:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Mahara: 16.04.1
  DB: Postgres
  OS: Linux
  Browser: Firefox

  I think there may be something funny with sessions happening. When the
session times out (it's currently set to 2 hours) and I'm on the
/admin/users/search.php, I think it doesn't correctly update the session once I
log in again.

  This is what I think the steps are to reproduce it:
  1. leave screen on /admin/users/search.php

  2. have the session time out

  3. try to do something on the screen (i.e. search for a user)

  4. It will redirect to the login screen.

  5. Login correctly

  6. user search screen is displayed.

  7. click on the Configure Site menu link

  8. Click back on the Users menu link

  9. It will ask you to log back in again.

  It seems to only happen on the Users (and Group - I think) menu links.

  Thanks.