The problem I see with #5 and #6 is that the queries might take some
time esp when you've lost access to lots of pages and always have to
cycle through them.

#4 sounds like a good interim solution to me until we have more of a
management screen.

** Changed in: mahara

** Changed in: mahara

  Page stays on watchlist after you lose access

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When a user removes access to a page that is on your watchlist, you
  don't have the possibility to take it off the watchlist anymore. There
  are two possibilities that I can see:

  1. Remove a page from the watchlist automatically when you lose access
  to it. This is not ideal because the watchlist owner doesn't know
  directly why the page was removed.

  2. "Grey out" the link to the page (remove the link) to which you
  don't have access anymore and allow the watchlist owner to remove it
  entirely. This would require though that a delete button is placed
  into the block which we currently don't have.

  3. Create a proper watchlist management screen where you can edit
  pages on the watchlist, i.e. remove them or even sort them.