  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.10 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.9 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 15.04 series:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  We've reached a point now where Firefox, Chrome, and IE will all
  silently ignore an HTTP iframe on an HTTPS site.

  Most iframe embed provides now provide an https or protocol-relative
  iframe code, but occasionally a user will still enter an http iframe,
  maybe from a site that isn't up to snuff yet, or copied from an older
  page. This leads to the unsatisfactory user experience where they've
  entered an iframe code, but the iframe doesn't show up at all.

  We should change our safe iframe code so that it detects these HTTP
  iframes and rewrites them to HTTPS or protocol-relative.

  This is also a bit of a security issue (mixing HTTP content on an
  HTTPS page) but since all modern browsers simply ban the unsafe
  iframe, it's a low-priority security issue.