I opted to add both a border to the left side of the button and around
the input block as I thought this looked the best from the available
options.

  Search box in configurable theme needs better outline

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When using the configurable theme, the search box looks a bit odd when
  the search buttons have an outline as the outline is only for 3 sides
  but not all 4 (see screenshot).

  I can see two options:

  1. Extend the button outline to the search box itself.
  2. Ensure that the 4th side of the button has the outline.