This looks to happen if you upload files and then proceed to edit a
file's metadata before refreshing the page.

On page refresh it only tries to add the error message once

Actually that is wrong - if I'm in a subfolder it tries to add more than
one message even after refresh.

We either need to work out why we are getting more than one message
(preferable) or get messages that are exactly the same meant for the
same point on the page to merge (not preferable)

  Same error message displayed multiple times

Status in Mahara:
  New

Bug description:
  Tested on
  Site: https://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz
  Browser: Safari 10.0.3
  Device: MacBook Pro

  Steps to Reproduce:

  1) Navigate to Content>Files
  2) Upload few files
  3) Click on edit button on one of the file
  4) Remove the name and click on Save changes

  Actual Result: The error message saying " The name field is required" is
displayed multiple times
  Expected Result: It should appear only once