commit 91f738410fb8da96f36edc7639a7b0b1e05d36e3
Author: Kristina D.C. Hoeppner <krist...@catalyst.net.nz>
Date:   Thu Apr 20 14:00:13 2017 +1200

Bug 1684333: Change gender identification question

To be more inclusive. This is an intermediate short-
term solution until we decide how best to remove
the question entirely without losing data or turning
it into a free form field.

behatnotneeded

Change-Id: If23b36f9b1ee0a112a8a40e41b6e2e3fa75a43bb
(cherry picked from commit d4a26e30d9187bdf6b5e9c4fb1c80602964ae31a)

  Change the "Gender" question to a more inclusive one

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 17.04 series:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 17.10 series:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Currently, we ask for the gender in the resume and have the options
  - Female
  - Male
  - Not specified

  That is not very inclusive and brings up more questions than it
  resolves. The biggest question is: Do we need to have this question at
  all? Could we just remove it? We don't need it for registration
  purposes and if anybody does want to include it in their resume, they
  could do it as regular text field.

  Since removing things can impact the data that is currently stored in
  a Mahara instance, I think we can't just remove it and then leave
  people without and drop the data as they might have used it in their
  portfolios.

  So until we make a decision on how best to proceed, we can already
  take a small step of making the language more inclusive and use the
  following options:

  - (Not specified)
  - Woman
  - Man

  If we leave the question in, we should also have "Prefer not to
  disclose", but for the time being, let's go with the minimal change as
  we might remove the field altogether.