Ok, on further investigation the issue is with the artefact_annotation
table.

Here we add in the information about what view the annotation is on. It
is setting the copied annotation to the old view rather than the new
one.

** Also affects: mahara/17.10

** Also affects: mahara/16.10

** Also affects: mahara/17.04

** Changed in: mahara/17.10
    Milestone: None => 17.10.0

** Changed in: mahara/17.04
    Milestone: None => 17.04.1

** Changed in: mahara/16.10
    Milestone: None => 16.10.4

** Changed in: mahara/16.10

** Changed in: mahara/17.04

** Changed in: mahara/17.10

** Changed in: mahara/17.10

** Changed in: mahara/17.04

** Changed in: mahara/16.10

** Changed in: mahara/17.10
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Robert Lyon (robertl-9)

  Problem with leaving feedback on copied SE collection annotation

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress
Status in Mahara 16.10 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 17.04 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 17.10 series:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When we copy an annotated smart evidence collection we keep the
  annotation blocks but don't keep the feedback comments.

  This is correct behaviour

  But on the copied collection we can't add comments to the annotation
  block any more.

  When trying to add feedback via matrix page it says it's saved but no
  info is actually saved.

  I suspect there must be some disconnect between the copying of the
  annotation within the collection causing the copied annotation to not
  know where to connect it's feedback