Public bug reported:

Problem on PHP 7.1 where messages were not being cleared correctly.

We fixed this up for the default theme in Bug 1733722 but forgot to fix
for default theme in 16.10, where it uses a different header.tpl file

** Affects: mahara

  Render session messages before calling templates in default theme

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description: