** Changed in: mahara

  Add a function to check if a cron callfunction needs to run before
  actually executing it

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  There are cron functions that run many times a day that don't need to run
that often but they need to monitor a condition.
  One of these is for example the user_login_tries_to_zero that resets the
logintries value in the usr table to be 0, so the user can try to login again
if they failed 5 times. This doesn't need to run if there are no values to
reset.

  If we have a way to checks if the cron function needs to run or not,
  and we also work with elastic search, we can check if the triggers
  need to be dropped. This way we're reducing the times we drop and
  recreate elasticsearch triggers.