  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 21.10 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 22.04 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 22.10 series:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  It is difficult to know how many Mahara sites are there in the world.
  Since registration is opt-in, the majority of the sites are not
  sending basic data back to the project, which doesn't give us a good
  view of where Mahara is used and by how many people.

  It would be good to gather better data about the use of Mahara in an
  anonymised way to help shape and focus the product and know what
  features are heavily used and which ones aren't. The current
  statistics don't necessarily give a useful picture to help us with
  that. Therefore, we should revise the registration data to collect
  more meaningful data and make it an opt-out rather than an opt-in. We
  would still keep data anonymised and aggregated to prevent collecting
  personal information.

  We would exclude all sites that have the config variable
  'productionmode = false' set so that we don't count sites twice or
  more when there is only one production site and several non-production
  sites. Whether the config variable can be read or whether that should
  be done differently, will need to be determined.

  On sites with 'productionmode = false', we'd state on the page that
  this site is not reporting and don't show the form. We will mention
  though what happens when productionmode is turned to 'true' an that
  they can then opt out.

  On mahara.org (customisation):

  We will keep the weekly reporting and need to devise a mechanism to
  track that weekly data, e.g. available as CSV download because
  currently we only have a current view at https://mahara.org/stats/
  (site admins only). The data does not need to sit on the site. The
  stats page does load very slowly because it's trying to fetch the data
  in real time it seems and the graph doesn't display any more any way.
  It is nice to have a quick view, but improving that page could be
  phase 2.

  Apparently, we already keep historical data.

  Run a cron early Monday morning to send the CSV file to a specified
  email address

  Text on /admin/registersite.php:

  Your Mahara site is registered with the Mahara project automatically.
  Registration is free and helps us get a picture of the Mahara
  installations around the world and how they are used.

  The Mahara project does not collect personal, person-identifiable
  data. Most data is collected in aggregated form to allow the project
  to identify trends. Below you can see what data is collected and sent
  on a weekly basis.

  If you have any questions for the data collection, please get in
  touch. ['get in touch' linked to i...@mahara.org with the subject
  'Site registration data collection')

  Data included (see spreadsheet)

  Opt-out from the data collection 'Yes/No' switch
  Help text below: You can opt out from sending anonymised data to the Mahara
project for your site. We encourage you to keep your site registered to assist
the project in the product development.

  Text on /admin/index.php:

  Anonymised data from your site helps the Mahara project get a picture
  of Mahara installations around the world.

  In the panel where it says 'Registration', change that to 'Data
  collection'.

  Move elsewhere:

  Move the plugin version numbers to their respective items in the
  'Plugin administration'.

  The spreadsheet contains:

  - the fields to retain
  - the fields to add
  - the fields to move
  - ideally the page can be split up into categories to group the information
more easily when viewed on screen. In the CSV export, the categories should
come as their own column for filtering purposes
  - new column 'Enabled' where a 'Yes' or 'No' is placed depending on the
setting in the configuration or for the artefact and block types if it is
hidden or not. That way, we have context for any data for block types and
artefacts when the values are '0'.