** Changed in: mahara

  External system tries to get the remote path even when it's not
  enabled.

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  When trying to download a file, it needs to check if an external file
  system is enabled before it goes off to object storage like S3 to try
  to download the file.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Fresh install mahara
  2. Install https://github.com/catalyst/mahara-module_aws and
https://github.com/catalyst/mahara-module_objectfs
  3. Configure the plugin with test S3 crendentials
  4. Ensure that Enable transfer tasks is unticked (we installed the plugin but
not using it yet).
  5. Add this in config.php
  $cfg->externalfilesystem = array(
     "includefilepath" => "module/objectfs/classes/s3_file_system.php",
     "class" => "module_objectfs\\s3_file_system"
  );
  6. Upload an image on the artefact (site/artefact/file/index.php)
  7. Rotate the image. It would be broken and the only way to fix is to move
back orientation to 0
  8. If possible, check the logs and you will see it's trying to grab a file
from S3

  At the moment, when downloading/rotating a file where an external system
plugin is installed, it doesn't check whether it's enabled or not. It only
checks if there is an external system and then tries getting the remote path if
it fails getting local path.

  PS: this is very similar to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1975712  however in this case
  the external system is not enabled but it's still trying to download
  the image from S3. It should check first if it's enabled, if disabled
  then it should proceed to get local path.

  I understand this is quite specific. Please let me know if you need
  more information from me.

  I will create a patch for this :)