On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:06 AM, Hao Zheng wrote:
it's log(P). I just don't know how log(P) is obtained.

I am doing some guess work here but I think the log (P) factor arises out of the combining the data that is passed back from the various processors. Imagine tree of processors with depth log (P) and at each level the communication amounts to some function of n and m, f(m,n), then the total communication cost would be

f(m,n) log (P).

~ Niranjan