The number of running algorithms don't depend on the number of processors, in
fact this kind of algorithms is used even if there is only one single processor
because of its good search properties. You can imagine it as a single big GA
with a distributed population and each individual can have its own set of
operators.

Abdel Hakim

On 4/11/08 8:52 PM, "deneche abdelhakim"  wrote:

> And there are other reasons to distribute a GA: for example, you may want to
> run a different version of the algorithm (a different population and perhaps a
> different set of operators) in each computing node, and from time to time some
> individuals will migrate from one node to another...this kind of distribution
> has proven to be more effective cause it searches a larger space.

 Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.