as part of my gsoc project I started adapting one of Watchmaker examples (TSP)
to use with Mahout. I believe that the next step is to start a Jira issue and
post an svn patch, isn't it ?

I also did a fresh checkout of Mahout and run "ant test" in the core
directory and got a wonderful "Tests failed" even before I added my own
code :(  The test that fails is the following:

org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.LoadTest.testItemLoad()

It seems that it takes more than 120 sec (the allowedTimeSec specified in the
test) to load

I wonder, before I start hitting the keyboard with my head, if it is just
normal that this test don't pass !!!