Hi,

Actually, I have a plan to implement something like FP-Growth for Mahout
(but due to lack of time the progress is slow so far). As for the tree
traversal it is considered to be one of the most difficult tasks within MR
paradigm (see original Google lecture videos on MR programming). However,
one approach how to go about this is to store tree in matrix and operate
above this data structure. For example see the shortest path problem in the
last Google lecture for some ideas.

Regards,
Lukas