I was able to get past the compiler problems by switching the compliance level to Java 6, thanks Deneche. IIRC, With Java 6.0, @Override *can* also be used if your method implements a method in a base interface. If this is the only 6.0 feature we are using it is a shame to preclude Java 5 compilation for this alone.

Jeff

Sean Owen wrote:
Yes I added them since we are officially requiring Java 6 -- right?
that was the conclusion on a recent thread.