I'm running the example in Eclipse using the stand-alone mode in the hadoop-0.19.1 jar file. It works fine, as does the hadoop compile in Eclipse. I cannot; however, get any hadoop stuff to work from the command line. Even though my JAVA_HOME environment is set to /Library/Java/Home and java -version yields:

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06-153)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_07-b06-57, mixed mode)

... the hadoop build script and the start-all.sh commands all complain about class version errors. Can any other Mac users help me out?

Jeff

Grant Ingersoll (JIRA) wrote:
[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-99?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12683077#action_12683077 ]
Grant Ingersoll commented on MAHOUT-99:
---------------------------------------

Yeah, what version of Hadoop are you running?  I got it w/ 0.19.1, but maybe I
didn't set something up right.

{code}
 bin/hadoop jar
~/projects/lucene/mahout/mahout-clean/examples/target/mahout-examples-0.2-SNAPSHOT.job
 org.apache.mahout.clustering.syntheticcontrol.kmeans.Job
{code}

Improving speed of KMeans
-------------------------

                Key: MAHOUT-99
            Project: Mahout
         Issue Type: Improvement
         Components: Clustering
           Reporter: Pallavi Palleti
           Assignee: Grant Ingersoll
            Fix For: 0.1

        Attachments: MAHOUT-99-1.patch, Mahout-99.patch, MAHOUT-99.patch

Improved the speed of KMeans by passing only cluster ID from mapper to reducer.
Previously, whole Cluster Info as formatted s`tring was being sent.
Also removed the implicit assumption of Combiner runs only once approach and
the code is modified accordingly so that it won't create a bug when combiner
runs zero or more than once.