Thanks, Mark. I will look into it. I know at the time I wrote them, I made an explicit departure from it, but I need to revisit why I did. I seem to recall it having to do with the arrays and with the fact that we want equals() to work like List.equals(), namely that a DenseVector and a SparseVector containing the same values in the same positions should be equal.