On the topic of code cleanup.

Current OpenXXYYhashmaps has to throw runtime exception on an IOException in
Hadoop

This will make that statement clear

void map(Text key, Text value, final OutputCollector output){

forEachPair(function(){
  @Override
  bool apply(key, value){
    try {
         do something;
         output.collect(key1,value1);
    }
    catch(IOException e){
    throw new RuntimeException(e);
    }
    return true;
  }
}

}

What to do here? Why not let ObjectProcedure class throw Exception ?