On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:
> There isn't one, that is the default JUL configuration.

FWIW, JUL can be configured using
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=filename, where filename points to a
properties file that is like the default one in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties, or depending on how nasty you
want to get you can edit the defaut file directly. You should be able
to quell output by editing that file and changing the root level to
ERROR or something.

To get logging output to be emitted on single line by JUL, you'd need
to implement your own java.util.logging.Formatter and use the
configuration mechanism described above to tell JUL to use it.

This is why I prefer log4j over java.util.logging, With log4j it can
all be done via the PatternFormat which is completely configurable
without using additional code.

Hope this helps,

Drew