Benson,

One more thing.  I forget the actual reference, but the best Chinese
segmenter that I have seen in practice (whose name I forget) was able to get
away with a simple unweighted lexicon and 2-3 word look-ahead + average word
length for score.  This indicates to me that you can depth bound your beam
search and turn it into an exhaustive search.  The lesson of their success
is that garden path sentences (with regard to segmentation) are rare in
Chinese.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve