I committed it.  In general, I think we should probably revert the dependency
removal changes.  I highly doubt Maven static analysis is going to be correct
here.   Dependencies are usually added because otherwise the thing won't run.
For instance, some of the Hadoop dependencies that I think were removed are
optional for some file systems and won't work otherwise.

-Grant