I'm ready to patch this issue, but I went the other way -- fixed the
output to use Locale.ENGLISH.

Either way works, what's preferred to you guys? Is it making the
output deterministic, or locale-friendly? I opted for fixing it to
Locale.ENGLISH because I like not depending on the platform, and
because the project is hardly internationalized to begin with.