Dear All,

I would like to introduce RiverineGiS, it's context and relevance.

Some seasons back, we initiated Bharathapuzha Project. Its a river
rejuvenation effort.

We required a map of the river; however, did not got hold of a good one.
Came the suggestion that perhaps the community already dealing with the
river might be a useful source.

We traveled up to Palakkad, met them; we were complete strangers to them.
Introduced mutual connections, in front of us, the guy talked with them,
verified our identity, and then only he provided a photostat copy of a map
of the river. However, the map was not better than what we already had.

Later, it occurred  not getting sufficient information might be a hindrance
to all the river activists, that there should be a common medium to display
all the rivers of Kerala!

Googled, checked Google Earth and Maps, Wikimapia and even ISRO Bhuvan,
still could not find a comprehensive information about the entire rivers of
Kerala.

So dear all, we are releasing a modest work to fill this gap; RiverineGiS -
Geo-visuals of the Rivers of Kerala. This is the basic version.

We are aware have to progress well to have an interface in par with google
and similar, which we will take into account in near future.

Have a look and kindly give a feedback. The whole mapping project is
implemented with open source softwares.

The interface is available at http://orgin.in/riverinegis.html

Sincerely,

Smart K.B.
Organization for Earth and Planetary Informatics