Really nice one!
Some people I know personally, use their root passwords as either 11 or
123. With those weak passwords, they can save lots of time when doing a su.
Only because of this, they choose such ultra weak passwords. Ironically,
those people have a very good awareness that such passwords are very easy
to crack :-)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:41 PM, aravind vijayan <
aravindvijayan224...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Over the years of fighting malware, the avast! Virus Lab has gathered
> many samples of various back-doors, bots and shells. Some of them are
> protected with a password encoded in MD5, SHA1 or in plain text, so it
> was good way to start. I looked at 40,000 samples of hackers’
> passwords and found that nearly 2,000 were unique and 1,255 of those
> were in plain text. Another 346 passwords were easily cracked from MD5
> hashes, because they were shorter than 9 characters. That gave me a
> total of 1,601 passwords and 300 hashes. I created statistics from
> those words, and here are my findings.
>
> source:
> https://blog.avast.com/2014/06/09/are-hackers-passwords-stronger-than-regular-passwords/
>
> Registered Linux user #545296