On 13-04-18 1:40 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
I - personal opinion - think adding a anti-spam/abuse filter is a good idea. I do however stronly oppose against a hardcoded implemenation that e.g. integrates SpamAssassin only or a new Bayesian filter.

I hope that no one was seriously considering that level of hardcoding. What we are almost certainly talking about is setting up a handler (I think Stephen estimated this to be around 10 lines of code).

I do think we'll want some related UI options so that list admins could do supervised learning as well, but since that's mostly a "mark this as spam" as an option other than just "reject this posting" (which could also indicate a duplicate or someone posting from a work address or whatever) and we should be able to generalize the hooks to send that information to whatever system(s) are in use.

 Terri