Hi Steve,

On Thursday 07 August 2014 12:00 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Rajeev S writes:

  > I feel that it will make the code cluttered. Since the CLI code
  > is independent of the rest of mailman client, won't it be
  > better to maintain the CLI code in a separate folder, as it is now?

Of course.  I didn't explain myself well.  What you have now is

mailman/ -+- client/ -+- _client.py
                       +- docs/
                       +- tests/
                       +- cli/ -+- client.py
                                +- core/
                                +- docs/
                                +- lib/
                                +- tests/

The above tree is wrong, this is the current directory structure

mailmanclient/ -+- _client.py
                +- docs/
                +- tests/
                +- cli/  -+- mmclient.py
                          +- core/
                          +- docs/
                          +- lib/
                          +- tests/
                          +- client/

That is, the cli/ directory lives directly inside the mailmanclient directory.

I don't see where.  In Filter, you have:

class Filter():
     key = None
     value = None
     operator = None
     data_set = []
     utils = Utils()

     def __init__(self, key, value, operator, data):
         self.key = key
         self.value = value
         self.operator = operator
         self.data_set = data

So as soon as you instance a Filter, __init__() creates instance
attributes which shadow the class attributes (except utils).  I don't
see any references to Filter.<attr> or to super(), so I don't see how
you can be using the class attributes.

Now I get it! Will fix that.

  > Now that the connection part is managed by a single function
  > (Utils.connect), I will move the connection checking part to that
  > function.

OK.

The connection can be checked without using a database query by trying to invoke the
`client.system` , at a single place.