Hello Vatsal,

Welcome to the Mailman community

> Hey Devs,
> I was going through the list of projects for GSOC '16, and mailman seemed
> interesting. Though i read the FAQs, can anyone please guide me about how
> to get started? there are a lot of projects, contribution, application and
> all... what should be the first step to follow for me?

First you should do a local setup and make sure everything is working as
expected,  since you are new to Mailman it will take some time to setup.

> I am a intermediate python developer, have worked on couple of small
> projects but haven't done any open source contribution yet.

That is great,  intermediate knowledge of python is sufficient to get you
started, Once you are through the setup,  start organizing your thoughts
and decide which part of mailman are you comfortable with and then look for
aligned projects. Don't jump the gun yet, it might be the case that you
find a perfect project among the listed ones or you won't find anything at
all, be it either case you should start looking into beginner level bugs
and try to fix them. In the mean time get in touch with other devs on the
mailing list or IRC, you can certainly propose new projects and admins will
help you decide if they can be a part of GSoC pipeline or not.

All the best!

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-developers/godricglow%40gmail.com