On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:50:10AM -0500, Okusanya Damilola wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I am currently studying the existing
implementations mhonarc
and mailarchive (both in src/mailman/archiving) and also Hyperkitty.

Good!

Someone also mentioned in the thread that studying the GNU mailman
architecture in the "The Architecture of Open Source Applications" would be
helpful. Is that applicable to this scenario? I will come up with a draft
implementation on Thursday.

This article will give you a great introduction into the general architecture
of the Mailman core, so it will certainly benefit you to read it. However,
this particular project will probably require only minimal (if any) changes
to the core.

It's a good idea to code a simple draft to check out how the IArchiver
interface works. But at this point in the GSoC application phase it's also
very important to think about where you want to go with this project, like:
Which backend(s) to choose for a start, what possible use cases could be etc.

Florian