Excerpts from Barry Warsaw's message of June 30, 2017 1:15 pm:
On Jun 30, 2017, at 07:24 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:

Have you looked at Mariatta's new cherry-picker tool for CPython
workflow? It seems to make the cherry-picking and backporting a bit easier.

[1]: https://github.com/python/core-workflow/tree/master/cherry_picker

I haven't yet used it for CPython, but I've been watching its development and
it looks like an awesome tool.  I don't know how specific it is to Github or
CPython's workflow yet, but it's worth investigating.

With a quick look it seems to be not tied to Github except for the URLs
it automatically generates for creating a merge request on Github. The
rest of the actions are dependent on the local git repo.

-Barry

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj