On Tue, Feb 19, 2019, at 6:21 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 2/19/19 5:09 AM, Kamran Soomro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running mailman 3 using the docker images created by Abhilash.
> > Whenever I try to create a new user or reset password for an existing user,
> > I get the error shown in the screenshot.
>

> This list's content filtering removed the screenshot, but presumably it
> is just a generic 'server error' because of the 500 status.
>

> > The only thing I can see in docker logs is "POST /accounts/password/reset/
> > HTTP/1.0" 500 1102. Any suggestions on how to debug this?
>

> I'm not sure where you find Django's log in the docker images, possibly
> at /opt/mailman-web-data/logs/mailmanweb.log, but this log should
> contain a traceback from the underlying exception.

Just to add to what Mark said, the location for logs should be  the same what
Mark mentioned.

A random guess from what you said in the Email is that you don't have  email
setup correctly in your settings_local.py, which will cause a 500 error whenever
Django tries to send out an email, which happens when you create a new user
or ask for a password reset.

See this[1] section on how to setup your email.

[1]: https://asynchronous.in/docker-mailman/#mailman-web

Ofc, I could be wrong, so please do check your logs for the traceback :)

--
  thanks,
  Abhilash Raj (maxking)