Aaryan Bhagat writes:

 > When we unsubscribed a user after sending a probe. We currently
 > remove it from the list's roster. Let's suppose the email is
 > resubscribed. Will the discussion the email has posted earlier will
 > remain there or the account will start fresh as any other new
 > account?

Anything that is posted by anybody, and is distributed by the mailing
list, is out of Mailman's control thereafter.  Theoretically we could
go into the archives and remove posts of an unsubscribed email, but we
don't.  And even that is not certain; the archive may not be under
control of the same host or organization that owns the Mailman server
itself.

Also, the fact that an email goes bad doesn't mean the user doesn't
exist.  Email addresses are virtual, users are real.  Users do abandon
or lose the right to use email addresses (eg, my university purges
student addresses a few weeks after graduation -- I think that's
stupid, but what do I know? :-รพ).

If you're referring to GDPR "right to be forgotten", no, we don't do
that either, although some folks have suggested we should.  But that
wouldn't be triggered by unsubscription: it would have to be an
explicit request by the human user, not an auto-unsubscribe due to
excessive bounces.

Steve