Before I begin, I should apologise for being "disappeared" for months - being
super busy on my personal life.

There are some different places for Mailman project. I am writing this just to
help you GSoD candidates understand the documents Mailman using, please correct
me if I understand wrong.

- ReadTheDocs: The main purpose is for project users, and the pages are
generated when pushing to master. There are several sites about Mailman for
different projects:
    - https://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
    - https://hyperkitty.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
    - http://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/ or
https://gnu-mailman.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ - this is for Mailman Suite,
quite confusing right?
    - https://mailmanclient.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
    - http://docs.mailman3.org/projects/postorius/en/latest/
    - ......
    - If you are going to modify any of them, you will need to submit a merge
request on GitLab.

- wiki.list.org: This is a community-driven wiki site for the mailman project.
I would say most contents are for Mailman 2 but not the latest one.
    - If you are going to modify this, you will need to apply for permission.
See the front page for instruction.

For candidates, I would actually recommend you to install a full set of Mailman
3 to know what this project is (though not required). Here
(http://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/devsetup.html) is a contribution guide for
developers, which I think is also suitable for tech writers.

Before you write your proposal, please make sure you read the instruction very
carefully, including the GSoD official site and
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/SeasonOfDocs2019 .

Good luck candidates and wish you enjoy the process :)

BTW: Mailman is already accepted by GSoD so the wiki page needs some update - I
have the permission but maybe I should leave it to admins.