On Sat, Jun 22, 2019, at 12:26 AM, Aaryan Bhagat wrote:
> >Headers with # aren't supported, mostly due to their widespread use as
> comments in code shared on mailing lists.
> I do not understand this, if you write a code snippet, it will not
> recognize the `#` a markdown syntax. So there should be no problem.

The problem is that people don't know that they are writing code segments.

import hello
# This is a comment which would become H1
def hello_world():
    print(hello.world)

The above code segment is what I hope to not break.

Code intentionally written for Markdown won't break, that is right. But
over emails, people aren't writing markdown, they are writing plain
text.

The idea is to opportunistically render plain text emails as Markdown
without making it look weird.

--
  thanks,
  Abhilash Raj (maxking)