On 9/14/20 11:03 AM, ves...@tana.it wrote:
> Someone started talking about the risk of having their names and email
> addresses archived in a publicly accessible mailing list.  So I thought I'd
> ask.  In short, the proposal provided for completely removing such data, to
> protect privacy.  See here for more:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dmarc/fEi0-1NFP-rkrx70Ne1t7fPzldA
> (There are more threads there mentioning Mailman, in case your ears are
> burning.)
>
> As an additional bonus, that would also "solve" any DMARC problem.
>
> Is there a FAQ entry for this?

I don't think there is a FAQ on it, but it is a configuration option.

In Mailman 2.1 set General Options -> anonymous_list to Yes in the web
admin UI. In MM3 Postorius set Settings -> Alter Messages -> Anonymous
list to Yes.

The descriptions say this removes From: Sender: and Reply-To: headers
and this is true, It also replaces From: and Reply-To: with the list
address. Both MM2.1 and MM3 also remove X-Originating-Email:

Mailman 2.1 is more aggressive. It also removes all Received: and
remove all headers that don't match patterns in the
mm_cfg.py/Defaults.py setting ANONYMOUS_LIST_KEEP_HEADERS. By default,
this removes all X-* headers except X-Mailman-*, X-Content-Filtered-By:,
X-Topics:, X-Ack:, X-Beenthere:, X-List-Administrivia: and X-Spam-*.