On 12/31/20 3:57 PM, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if it's possible for users to choose between the new Postorius
> interface and the old text-based interface?  Some users might prefer the
> text-based interface (e.g., for accessibility or just familiarity); others
> may prefer the new interface (which does look quite snazzy!).  But, I
> didn't find any documentation about switching between the two.

The short answer is there's no documentation because it isn't possible.

I assume that by "the old text-based interface" you mean the Mailman 2.1
web UI.

If you are asking if there is a way to have a web UI for Mailman 3 which
mimics the Mailman 2.1 web UI, the answer is yes, but you'd have to
create it. I.e., you'd have to implement the web pages in some kind of
framework and have them communicate with Mailman core via it's REST API.

Mailman 3 was designed to be modular in this respect and Postorius and
HyperKitty are really just examples of web UIs for list management and
archiving.

Brian Carpenter of EMWD has php based alternatives called Affinity and
Empathy, but they are proprietary and don't emulate the MM 2.1 UI at
all. See
<https://mail.python.org/archives/search?mlist=mailman-developers%40python.org&q=affinity>
for some discussion of these.