On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 1:28 AM Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 2/20/21 3:07 PM, Marius Ghita wrote:
> > I think a setup step might be missing from the developer's docs
> > https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/devsetup.html
> >
> > If I go through the venv setup and when I call mailman info, the
> following
> > error shows up (missing dependency).

> >   File "/home/_/Workspace/personal/mailman/src/mailman/__init__.py", line
> > 38, in <module>
> >     from mailman.core.i18n import initialize
> >   File "/home/_/Workspace/personal/mailman/src/mailman/core/i18n.py",
> line
> > 22, in <module>
> >     from flufl.i18n import PackageStrategy, registry
> > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'flufl.i18n'
>

> How did you install Mailman core in your venv? Mailman core's setup
> includes flufl.i18n>=2.0 in it's requirements.

I have a folder ~/Workspace/personal where I ran:

$ python3 -m venv venv3
$ source ./venv3/bin/activate
$ cd mailman
$ python setup.py develop

For a second there I considered that the issue might have been that the
dependency expects and older Python version. I have 3.9 on my desktop, so I
spun up a Vagrant box which has python3.6 with the same issue.

Vagrantfile to reproduce the issue
https://gist.github.com/mhitza/4dbec7d0efc6a94e658b5dd085e411ef