Dear Mailman Developers,

I am currently working on the proposal of List Configuration Tool in
GSoC idea list. As I thought in the details of several functions of
the tool, I wonder what kind of configurations should be exported, and
what should not.

Q1. We can get nearly all the configurations for a list from the
core's REST API
(https://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/release-3.1/src/mailman/rest/docs/listconf.html),
but some of the data should not be exported, such as `created_at`,
`last_post_at`, and etc. Hence, we may need a filter to extract out
the meaningful configurations to export out. I wonder whether we have
a more convenient way to get all meaningful configurations, and what
kind of configuration fields are expected to be exported from the
user's perspective?
Q2. Besides all the configurations obtained from the listconf
mentioned in Q1, we have more configurations for a list, such as
member list. In the Idea Page
(https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google%20Summer%20of%20Code%202021), it
says that the membership roster should not be included by default.
Since we already have the `list_mass_subscribe` method for importing a
lot of subscriptions at once, so should the list configuration tool
include the functionality to handle membership automatically or just
does not include the memberships in the exported configuration?

For Q1, I do have some thinking for some important configuration
fields that should not be exported:
owner_address: should be filtered out, since only the list owner can
import the configuration template, the owner_address should be set
when the owner apply the configuration template to the list instead of
import from the previous configuration.
mail_host, fqdn_listname: should be filtered out, since lists are
created under the domains, domains should be created before the lists
are created. Hence, only the name before the domain should be included
in the exported configuration, and the full fqdn_listname can be
generated when creating the list.

I do need more suggestions on what to choose in the configuration that
can be exported. Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,
Steven1677