Hi,

I discovered this just today, after a list I'm subscribed to enabled it.

I have a filter which tries to validate original signatures by removing footers and subject tags. Removing "X-Mailman-Original-" is going to be the next addition.

I guess the purpose of this option is to spare a dkim=fail result in the recipient's header. However, for documentation purposes[*], I'd be comforted by some document, discussion, or even a crispy comment about the intended usefulness of masking existing signatures. Google found nothing. Any pointer?

TIA
Ale
--

[*] I try and document that original signature validation here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vesely-dmarc-mlm-transform