On 3/17/22 10:19, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Дилян Палаузов writes:

  > realname = re.sub(r'@([^ .]+\.)+[^ .]+$', '---', realname)

The obvious hack is to change '---' to '', which you can do locally.

I'm not sure why we use '---', since it's not informative.  I will
have to see if one of the other devs knows, or maybe there's something
in the history.

There is history. Some of this is embodied in comments at https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/handlers/dmarc.py#L71-85.

In particular, we don't include the original From: @domain because of goal #2. We use --- to imply that something is missing. Perhaps ellipsis would have been a better choice, but we didn't want anything that even hinted at a domain.