On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 04:06:01PM -0500, dmitri maziuk wrote:
> On 2021-06-05 3:31 PM, Christian Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:
>> Hello Mark Sapiro. On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:44:52 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>> In the past, Brian Carpenter of EMWD would have responded by now
>>> with an offer to support your list and help move it, but tragically,
>>> Brian recently died from a COVID virus infection.
>>
>> This is too bad news - was it mentioned in this list before?
>>
>> I would like to express my condolences to his family and to all who
>> knew him!
>
> Same here, sorry to hear this.

I'm just a lurker here.  After seeing Brian's emails since joining this
list, I had bookmarked EMWD as the commercial ML host to recommend to
people.

Huge respect for his commitment to Mailman hosting, and his parallel
commitment to sharing his knowledge.  I never knew him and never had
occasion to be an EMWD customer, and I miss him.

Clearly worked his butt off in life.  I'm sad that his time to rest came
so prematurely, and wish his family fortitude.  He left them an amazing
set of pointers for continuing his technical legacy.

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.