On 5/24/23 10:29 AM, Krone, Elizabeth C via Mailman-Users wrote:
Good afternoon all,

I manage a few listservs (maintaining members and tending pending posts) and today I have
received almost 80 separate "Uncaught bounce notification" emails for one of
the lists. There are rarely any for this list and I would like to know if there is
something I can do to stop the spam. I have received 5 more while typing this email. I am
not a tech person but any suggestions are welcome.

These are almost certainly spam sent to the list-bounces address as opposed to real bounces that are not recognized.

You need to install some kind of spam filtering in the MTA ahead of Mailman.

As Barry Finkel says, see https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20is%20not%20Listserv