On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:58:46AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:10:44AM -0500, Pug Bainter wrote:
> >   2) How can I setup an umbrella list with the following features:
> >
> >      1) The lists that it is an umbrella for only allow member posting
> >      2) The umbrella is moderated
> >      3) The umbrella posts through the lists once it is moderated *without*
> >         the need for the list admin for each sub-list to approve it
> >      4) The users only get *one* copy of the mail message
>
> Yep, I do all that, but it required me to have mailman look at the envelope
> sender for moderation instead of the header sender (prefered), and then in
> the sub-lists, I was able to say that:
> privacy/addresses accepted for posting: umbrella-name-admin@yourdomain
> privacy/alias names: umbrella-name
>
> Disable password reminders on umbrella, and set envelope sender froms in
> ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

Example:
Umbrella list A has three sublists A1, A2, and A3 subscribed to it.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is subscribed to lists A1 and A3.  When a message is
sent to A, will [EMAIL PROTECTED] receive one or two copies of it?  What
setting is necessary to prevent [EMAIL PROTECTED] from receiving two
copies?

Thanks,
Jim Trigg
Itinerant List Admin