Allan,

You must have misinterpreted my mail - I'm not using spamdetect.py to filter my mail. I do have some familiarity with using regexp's to filter mail based on sender, subject, body, or a combination of the above, although it's not going to help you much in this particular instance - what you need is not a list of regular expressions to help you weed out crap, but assistance in editing the Python file itself. ::shrug:: Sorry ... maybe someone else on the list can offer some advice.

Thanks,
=)
Amanda

Allan Garcia wrote:

hello,
ive seen through your post regarding blocking a certain body of the message from not propagating to the list. ive edited the Spamdetect.py and let it recreate it and still i can't block the message that has the out of the office expression. below is my Spamdetect.py file and hope you can shed light to my problem. btw when i changed it to subject, then it can block an email that has the subject i will be out of the office in it.

KNOWN_SPAMMERS = [('None', 'i will be out of the office')]

^L
def process(mlist, msg, msgdata):
    if msgdata.get('approved'):
        return
    for header, regex in KNOWN_SPAMMERS:
        cre = re.compile(regex, re.IGNORECASE)
        if header is None:
                text = msg.body
        else:
            text = msg.get(header)
            if not text:
                continue
        mo = cre.search(text)
        if mo:
            # we've detected spam, so throw the message away
            raise SpamDetected

regards,
allan