>What is the least painful way to upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8?

Well, I just took the perhaps adventurous choice of downloading the
new full 2.0.8 install and:

./configure --with-mail-gid=xxx
make
make install

and it seems to have worked fine (I had to redo my modification to
HTMLFormatter.py to put the usenet tags in); I didn't turn off the
mail server as that would have required going through channels that I
didn't want to have to go through, and there are currently only about
four lists running off of mailman.

Jerry
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
The more restrictions there are, the poorer the people become. The
greater the governmentıs power, the more chaotic the nation would