Title: admin subscribe hold notifications never arrive
I've got *one* list on our system for which the administrator does not receive notification that someone wants to subscribe. We have a number of lists requiring admin approval for subscriptions--at least one of which has the same administrator as the list which doesn't successfully provide notifications.

The subscription requests are available on the "pending requests" page; when the administrator approves those requests, the administrator *does* receive notifications of the successful subscriptions. The administrator also receives notifications of unsubscriptions.

If the subscription requests are left to stand in the pending area, the daily notices are also not received by the list admin. This applies to both held messages and held subscription requests.

I have added myself as an administrator for that list, and have verified this behavior. I don't receive any notifications either--except for notifications of successful subscribes and unsubscribes.

The 'vette' file in the logs directory shows the subscription requests as "held"; the smtp file seems to indicate that 'a' message was sent out on the five-minute mark, but it could be for any list as the logfile does not indicate who the message was sent for, or why it was sent. (And I would sort of expect it to be for 2 recips, as there are two admins). Note that [EMAIL PROTECTED] also does not receive anything about the subscription being held.

vette:
Mar 11 11:19:12 2002 (3201) RISA-L: held subscription request from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

smtp:
Mar 11 11:20:02 2002 (8891) smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.358 seconds
smtp-failure does not appear to have anything relevant in it.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this behavior? (Currently, the last item in there was from February 13, and probably corresponded to mailserver downtime.)

We have other lists where this feature works fine, including one with the same admin.

Jerry
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
The more restrictions there are, the poorer the people become. The greater the governmentıs power, the more chaotic the nation would become. The more the ruler imposes laws and prohibitions on his people, the more frequently evil deeds would occur.
--The Silence of the Wise: The Sayings of Lao Zi