On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 01:32  PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:

that it would hinder subscriptions. It says YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T
which I took as not completely necessary.
Hmm, that kind of message I take as, "If you don't do it you will be
screwed, so you better do it." *smile*.
I guess we need to change the message to "do this, or we'll hunt you down and hurt your dog".

DEVELOPERS: Why don't you just add the cron jobs as a NECESSARY part of
the installation.

No, no, no!!! I don't want install scripts messing with my crontabs,
I'd rather set them up myself. What if you have a special palace to put
them in or want to tweak the times.?
crontab editing isn't really standardized, either, and it's a real b-tch to figure out if the cron entries are already there, or have been installed and customized, or....

this is not something I think should be automated. Too many ways to make life much worse. And given how often we run into "I thought it was optional" (as opposed to "read the instructions? why?'), I'm just not convinced it's broken.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.