Hello.  I am trying to add a person to a mail list and having some problems.  Their organization runs some sort of bestial mail system where the addresses are of the form:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When I try to drop the address in through the mass subscribe screen I get the following message from Mailman:

        * Joe Schmoe -- Hostile address (illegal characters)

My guess is that the / is getting parsed by Mm as an attempt to reference a file (a la majordomo).  Is there a way to force the address onto the subscriber list?  It is an actual valid address for delivery.

Thanks in advance,

--chris

Christopher G. Kolar
   Coordinator of Information Technology Integration
   Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar --  PGP Public Key ID: 0xC6492C72
        Information literacy news, tools, and programs: [EMAIL PROTECTED]edu